Linux Interview Questions
- Which command is used to check the number of files and disk space used and the each user’s defined quota?
- What is the name and path of the main system log?
- How secured is Linux? Explain.
- Can Linux computer be made a router so that several machines may share a single Internet connection? How?
- What is the minimum number of partitions you need to install Linux?
- Which command is used to review boot messages?
- Which utility is used to make automate rotation of a log?
- What are the partitions created on the mail server hard drive?
- What are the fields in the/etc/passwd file?
- Which commands are used to set a processor-intensive job to use less CPU time?
- How to change window manager by editing your home directory?
- How documentation of an application is stored?
- How shadow passwords are given?
- How do you create a new user account?
- Which password package is installed for the security of central password?
- Which shell do you assign to a POP3 mail-only account?
- Which daemon is responsible for tracking events on Linux system?
- Which daemon is used for scheduling of the commands?
- How environment variable is set so that the file permission can be automatically set to the newly created files?